Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Peperoni Pizzeria

Date : 13 April 2012
Address: 56-56A Zion Road
Opening Hours : Monday- Sat 12pm-10:30 pm, Sun 11am - 10:30pm  
Nearest MRT: Tiong Bahru (take buses 16, 5, 195 and alight at the Boy's brigade house) 


WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I was crazy excited when I found out about Peperoni's new outlet because instead of having to travel all the way to bukit timah i now get to enjoy their pizzas by just taking a bus a few stops down from my place! 

There are many seats outside along the corridor and i love that they have high tables! 
Peperoni's serve a wide range of pizzas, from meats to vege, seafood to plain cheese (which is always good) 
They also have pasta, lasagne and the best of all, dessert! 


The interior of the restaurant has a warm and friendly soft ambience, there are quite a few tables and i love their red/green chairs. 



So first up we had Frutti di Mare (mixed seafood in tomato sauce) - S$23 
We ordered the large, 12 inch one. 
Prawns, clams, scallops, squid rings and fish on top of a tomato based. 
I'm a meat lover, so seafood will always pale in comparison to it. But i must say their ingredients were very fresh and it was not bad. Not bad. But not my favourite for sure. I just don't really like seafood pizzas. 

Our next pizza was a half/half of 2 different kinds. You can mix the flavours up because all of the pizzas are of the same price - S$23
We choose to try a classic, hawaiian and Prosciutto Crudo di parma which just means parma ham and rocket salad) 

For both pizzas, the crust was crispy and thin and slightly burnt at the edges, just the way I like it. I usually don't finish my crusts because it gets cold and hard after a while, but their crusts remain crunchy even after leaving it for a while so that's great. If you like thin crusts this is the place to be! 

NOW COMES MY FAVOURITE PART- DESSERTS 
You know, i would love to just have desserts for my mains, I could honestly just sit and go through every kind of dessert and then be full. 
My dad says I am a waste of money, not just that I waste money but that i am a WASTE OF MONEY because I always just go for the dessert section during buffets and I disgrace them because they would have like "fruits, salads, mains, then desserts" and i would just be like "dessert, dessert, dessert, maybe a bit of mains and then dessert!" So he thinks i am a bad investment. 
Hahaaaaaaaa, but what can i say! I love desserts. 

THIS IS THE BEST CREME BULEE I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. And its only S$9!!!!!!! 
I say "only" because most of the places i go to sell them for above 10 bucks and they aren't even of the same portion as this (which is quite big)
If i weren't conscious about my weight....which i am, i would have this evvvvvery day. I am one of those people who would just go to the restaurant for a single dish of dessert. And THIS CREME BULEE is one of those desserts I would have all day and all night. 

Tiramisu- S$11 
I'm not a big fan of tiramisu so this is just "meh" for me. My friend says it's apparently really good but I don't eat alot of tiramisu so i can't compare. I generally don't enjoy light fluffy cakes unless they are cheesecakes. I prefer my cakes dense and more textured. But this was a good size of tiramisu and I guess if you're a big fan of them you can come and try and see what you think of it! 

Overall, I would come back to Peperoni's as and when the agreement among the crowd is to have pizza because they have the family sized option which is XXL -21 inches. It's S$50 for any kind of their flavours so it would be a good place to share a nice dinner with a bunch of friends. The bill is easy to split, the food is fun to eat (visually as well cos it's so huge you just wanna take a billion pictures with your face in comparison) and it is now located at a convenient place! 

1 comment:

Pizza in Zion said...

I actually ate here again tonight. They're getting better and better, and the pizza I had here tonight was miles better than the one I talk about in the Impressions above.

Zion Pizza