Wednesday, September 19, 2012

136 Hong Kong street

Date: 6 September 2012
Address: 291 South Bridge Road 
Opening hours: 11am - 230pm, 5pm - 11:30pm 
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar 

Craving for home cooked food but want something a little more special and worth your money?
I went to this place with a few of my "old" friends and you really have to try their wasabi prawns!!
I have to admit i was a little skeptical at first but once I bit into it..........................just wow. 
Stir -fried French beans - $8/10/12
Good, crunchy and juicy. I love french beans and as long as its not too soggy or anything, it's perfect. It probably thinks only a few minutes to fry plus it has such a delicious texture to it. 
Pork Ribs with Salted Egg -$10/12/16  
You'll be quite surprised how salted egg can make alot of things better and nicer (i'm thinking of custard salted egg buns now) 
I loved it, except for the fact that it was fried. Really not into fried food anymore. 

Home styled rice wine chicken - $10 
Mmmm...Nothing much to rave about. It's one of those bland but tasty dishes, with not much flavor to it except for the sweetness of the chicken, which was amplified by the rice wine. The broth was not too thick but very smooth. 
Wasabi Prawns - $20/30/40
This was really something different! I usually like my prawns either in sweet and sour sauce or in cereal. But this is now my new favorite prawn dish in singapore! 
The wasabi taste was not choking, so we didn't have the brain-squeezing feeling, just the flavor of wasabi. The prawns were big and fresh and very juicy. Even though this was fried it was still soft and tangy. 

This place is right around the corner of china town, just 2/3 doors away from a place with egg tarts my "old" friend swears by. China town is brimming with good food and this is just my first reviewed place. Can't wait for the rest! 

No comments: