Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tian Tian Chicken Rice - Maxwell

Date : 23 May 2012
Address: Maxwell Market , 1 Kadayanallur Street
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar




Chicken rice is one of the delicacies in Singapore and there are countless of places to find them. I am quite determined to find my own list of top 5 chicken rice stalls. It may take me a few years or even longer than that, but what else do I have but time to spare? 
This day, I tried one of the many chicken rice stalls in Maxwell food centre. I wonder how all of them compete against each other, there are at least 5 of them I think, all closely positioned away from one another.
I chose Tian Tian Chicken Rice because it was the biggest (made up of 2 stalls instead of one). There were also alot of other people who had ordered from them. The fact that they had alot of backing from local cuisine shows intrigued me a little too. 

The soup was fine. 
The rice was too soggy for my liking. And a little too oily in my opinion. Chicken was decent. Chili was "meh" (which means average) and so this place of chicken rice is basically a typical plate of chicken rice. It was S$3.50 for a plate. 
For S$2.50, I could have had a much better plate of chicken rice elsewhere say for example, in Tiong Bahru market. 

This plate of chicken rice? Mediocre 

No comments: