Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Restoran Surabaya

Date : 31 March 2012
Address : 304 Orchard Road Lucky Plaza #02-63/64
Opening Hours : 11am - 9pm
Nearest MRT : Orchard station 

This semester I took Bahasa Indonesia as one my modules for school and i absolutely loved it. The language was easy to pick up and it would be really useful for when I travel to Indonesia! 
Of the many kinds of food available in Singapore, I really love exploring places with good indonesian food! Restoran Surabaya is one of the places I would really recommend if you were in town and want some cheap and delectable indonesian food. 


Ayam Penyet - S$6 
This is just basically fried chicken with toufu and REALLY SPICY chili at the side. 
I don't know what kind of chicken they use but it always seems to be tastier than the normal kind of chicken. Anyway, this dish was cooked well with just enough crisp and not too much oil! I really hate fried dishes that are too oily cos they get gelat after a while. 


This is Tahu Telor ( Deepfried beancurd with shrimp paste ) - S$6 
I'm not a big fan of tahu so I can't say much about this dish. The sauce was not bad though, a little sour and salty. 


Ikan Bawak Bakar - S$9  
Ikan means fish and Bakar means grilled (i think) so in very basic terms this is just grilled fish. It was not bad, except I think we waited for too long to dig in (possibly my fault cos i had to take 100000 pictures of every dish before everyone could eat haha) 


Ayam Bakar - S$6 
Grilled chicken, Once again, wish we had gotten to eat it while it was hot but I think i only tried after 15 minutes into dinner cos i was too busy taking pictures/trying out the other dishes. I like the sweet gravy they used on the chicken and it was rightly grilled, not too burnt. 


This is my least favourite dish of them all. Bakso Kuah Mie (beefball soup) - S$5.50 
I naturally shun away from yellow noodles so this dish was kind of a turn off for me. Then again, it's just ME. 


This is Pempek - a south sumatra styled fish cake, made of fish and tapioca eaten with kuah cuka (vinegar sauce). This was S$7 and a little too hard for me but very tasty! 

Overall, I usually go for just the meat dishes if i'm having indonesian food. I think they have another outlet in Fareast plaza so their outlets are all located in pretty convenient places. If you're in town and you don't fancy an expensive meal, then this is an alternative! 

No comments: