Wednesday, August 15, 2012

La Petite

Date: 15 August 2012
Address: 10 Jalan Serene, Serene Centre #01-05 
Opening hours: Tue - Sun 11:30-2:30 5:30-9:50, Closed on Mondays 
Nearest MRT: Botanic Gardens 

La Petite is a hidden gem in the corner of Serene Centre, next to Island Creamery. 
A very friendly bearded french chef greeted us with a warm "Hello!" 
He looked oddly out of place, as if he stepped out from a cafe on a street in Paris and into this cafeteria looking restaurant in Singapore. 
But his warm smile and grandfather looks welcomed us nicely and started our splendid time spent there.


Everyone gets a free piece of bread which was warm, perfectly baked and fragrant. I actually regret not having asked if they sold bread. 


This is meant to be an appetizer but who says you can't have appetizers for lunch? 
I'm not a big eater so I decided this was enough to fill my stomach and boy did it taste AWESOME. 
The Ravioli with prawns and foie gras (S$15) WAS AMAZING. 
The creamy sauce was not exactly like carbonara, it was sweet and not too salty. The prawns were fresh and there was just a pinch of foie gras to complement everything. 
Ahhhhhhhh, so good. 


My companion ordered the dory fish in basquais sauce and rice S$13 
The fish was as it should be, fresh and tasty. The sauce was slightly sour and lemoney, went perfect with the sweetness of the fish. The rice was meh, okay. Nothing much about it, i've heard they serve good butter rice. I shall have a go at it next time. 


I didn't take a picture of the interior but this is how the exterior looks like and as you can see, it's just a nice unpretentious, fuss-free place to go to for good food at reasonable prices. The staff are great and helpful too. 
If you like duck confit, do go ahead and try it because it's ACTUALLY better than Saveur's. I can't believe I just said that either, cos I hadn't tasted better duck confit than theirs before trying Petite's. I would however prefer Saveur's mashed potatoes to Petite's diced ones. 
I wish i had (have) a bigger appetite so I could do a review of it for you guys but trust me when I say i'll be back soon for more! 

No comments: