Thursday, February 23, 2012

Avanti Espresso

Date: 19th February 2012
Address: 7 Rodyk Street, #01-32, The Watermark @Robertson Quay
Opening Hours: Daily 7:30am - 9pm
Nearest MRT station : Clarke Quay

My friends and i have been having sunday tea together for quite a few times and this place probably fails in comparison but nevertheless, it's a nice and quaint place, one I may return to try their main dishes, but only if I'm in the area. The place is italian, just like many of the bistros along Robertson Quay, staff are very friendly and likable. 


Coffee was good and strong, came in a set with the chocolate ice cream crepe I had in the picture below. S$8.90. 
I've read in other food blogs that this place often gives good deals like 9.90 lunch sets so I assume that's probably their marketing way of attracting customers (which is perfectly suitable for me). 

Crepe was thick and soft, Chocolate ice cream was, well, chocolate ice cream. Nothing to go ga-ga over. 
But i like the crepe this way. Though my friend suggested you could buy pre-made mixes, make them yourself and still get the same result. 


A friend had a savory crepe, Chicken breast and leek. Good, slightly salty but I liked it. 



We shared a little dessert, the Choco Lava cake with icecream, which was S$7.90. 
There was nothing to boast about honestly, the lava didn't even ooze out. 

Oh well, maybe they'll enchant me the next time I visit, but for now, my appetite craves for better. 

No comments: